09 Mar 2017:
The best decision which you have made is installing a concrete floor in your home. The many benefits of concrete make it the number one choice of homeowners. Its easy maintenance and durability can be enhanced with the help of concrete sealer.
Concrete sealers are applied over concrete floors to make them more durable, less porous and water proof as well. Concrete sealers are of two kinds. Penetrating concrete sealers penetrate the concrete and make it water proof. For people living in moisture prone areas, these concrete sealers can prevent moisture from entering into the floor and cracking it up.
Other kind of concrete sealers are film sealers. These work by forming a sealer on top of the concrete floor and walls. Read on to see why you should use concrete sealers every now and then
- Mould is a growing problem in areas which are prone to moisture. Mould can get into cracks and take root. Once mould starts forming it’s quite difficult to get rid of it. Mould not only spoils the aesthetics of concrete but can cause allergies as well. Concrete sealers prevent mould from forming on concrete.
- It helps prevent cracks forming in the concrete floor. Cracks tend to make a floor look old and depreciate over time. Since you have invested money in your floors its essential to protect your investment.
- It makes your walls and floors look brighter and new for long periods of time. A shiny floor reflects lights well and adds a touch of that glamorous appeal which most homeowners carve.
- It improves the resale value of your home. A place which has shiny floors and classy looking walls tends to attract potential buyers. It gives an image of a home which has been well cared for.
- Helps keep the concrete stain free and offers protection from chemicals. Concrete sealers are a necessity to use in kitchen floors and bathroom floorings as well. These are areas where stains start showing up early on. Using the right concrete sealer could help keep the stains at bay.
- Concrete sealers provide UV protection for concrete driveways. Since the sun beating down on the floor may cause it to discolor, applying a concrete sealer could help keep this problem at bay.
Tips for sealing concrete floors
Now that you know the benefits which concrete sealers have to offer, take a look at the following tips to help seal concrete
- It would be a good idea to get the concrete sealer applied by a professional
- Most concrete sealers contain chemicals which need to be handled with care. Asking a professional to complete the job would allow you to make the most of a job well done.
- Professionals know which concrete sealer would work well for your particular flooring. Some floors might do with a simple film seal while others may respond better to penetrating sealers.
Some sealers need to be applied using specialized apparatus which is only available from professionals. Ensure you find more information on concrete cleaner and make an informed decision.